The National Respiratory Patient Advocacy Award is a collaboration of the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) and The FACES Foundation (Family & Caregiver Education & Support). The award commemorates a vital member of the healthcare team: the respiratory therapist. This consummate professional appreciates the “individual” instead of the “patient” and is dedicated to the principal that every breath matters. Nominations come from facilities across the continuum of care where registered respiratory therapists are actively engaged as a champion of patient family centered care.
Award finalists are chosen by a national review committee, with representatives selected by the AARC and The FACES Foundation. Each year, the award recipient and two other finalists are honored before an audience of patients, caregivers, advocacy groups and clinicians at the Annual Respiratory Patient Advocacy Summit held a day prior to the AARC Congress. The nomination period for the 2017 award closed on June 30, 2017. The first award will be presented to the award recipient and finalists in Indianapolis in October, 2017.
- Patient and family centered care
- uality and safety
- dvocacy for respiratory care as a profession
- ominee works across continuums and/or disciplines
Nominee’s work exemplifies best practices
- Award recipient will receive complimentary travel with 2 nights hotel accommodations, complimentary registration to attend the AARC Congress, and a unique artwork sculpture
- ward runner-ups (2) receive a one-year extension to their AARC membership
- ll winners will receive recognition across AARC and FACES communication vehicles